Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Small towns.....

Small towns.... you either love them or hate them.... Usually it's the "grass is greener" theory.  If you live in the city, you think you might enjoy a small town more and vice- versa.  I've never really lived in a big city.... Skaneateles and Auburn are my personal "Big Apples."  I did, however; live on a Main Street in a small town for all of my childhood and much of my life as a grown up.  I prefer where I am now to any place I've ever lived.... that being the house, the location and a small town.  But, with all the ups, there are eventually some downs. I have been excited sharing our new media room progress with friends, family and FB.  Hmm, so bright and early one morning I see an email in my inbox with the subject "basement."  It was from a FB friend who also happens to carry some of our insurance.  It went like this, "Good morning.  Should we be increasing coverage on your house to account for the finished basement?  If so, how much have you invested?"  I was and am a trifle po'd.  My reply thanked her for her inquiry and explained that nothing was finished and when and if I needed more coverage, I would call them!  Hello, how much have you invested???????? None of your flippin business.  Just how may changes of life is one old broad allowed?  I can't blame my attitude on PMS, I can't blame it on menopause, I can't even blame it on dementia  I don't think.. (but I can't remember)... I guess I'm just plain a bitch and there's no excuse.. I know I should most likely be happy that their office and it's employees are attentive to their customer's needs but jeeeez.... They already called me practically before my Mom was out the door for Walden Place saying "we see your Mom's house is empty. Should we be writing a new policy for a vacant dwelling?" And when we had rented our Locke house, we got an immediate call saying "we saw someone was moving into your house in Locke, should we change to a landlord policy?"  Small town yay or nay?  90% of the time a big fat YAY.  The other 10 %.. an even bigger NAY.  I love everyone's interest and now with FB we all probably know way more about each others daily lives than we need or want to but when I want to spend some money and buy more insurance, or change fuel companies or get my groceries somewhere else, I'll call you...don't contact me.. Thank you very much......!!  This has been a public service announcement..yikes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment