Friday, September 17, 2010

Pet peeve

I understand traffic laws.  I try very hard to obey them.  I wear my seat belt, I do not text, I try not to answer the phone when it rings. I only make calls when I'm stopped. I do tend to have a heavier foot than I should but my cruise control keeps me in check.  On my way home from breakfast this morning, I met a car being "driven" (not so much) by a young woman (not so much) who was actively "doing" her hair......................with both hands!!!!! I was heading due north, she was heading due northeast.....on a north/south road... I beeped and her car jerked to the west...although her hands remained near her hair. I'm assuming she has very strong thighs that must control a good share of her life??!!  WTH.........Thankfully, I was alone and we avoided an incident. I so wanted to give her the number one salute but I kept both hands on the wheel and loudly voiced my opinion instead. She didn't hear me but I felt better.  I can't imagine how these young chickies don't get tickets or get in accidents...maybe they do and they just bat their eyes or flash their cleavage at the officer in charge. I guess I could try that if I ever get stopped but I'd have to take off my glasses to "bat"and lift my skirt to flash....they'd probably let me go because they felt sorry for me.....
Here are some things that should definitely be illegal while driving as well:
Playing with your iPod. Currently, in the state of Washington, you can hold and adjust your iPod and it's not illegal. Isn't finding your favorite song on your iPod similar to reading a text while driving?
Using condiments. I have no problem with eating while driving if it's something simple and you keep your eyes on the road. However, using condiments while eating is dangerous. I think fast food joints should not give condiments in their drive-thru windows to drivers. You want to use condiments? Come get them inside.
Applying makeup. Many of us have seen it. Personally, and for obvious reasons, I've never done it. But seriously ladies, wake up a little earlier in the morning or arrive at your destination with your natural look.
Using your laptop. Step away from the laptop while driving.
Dancing. I have no problem with the slight body movements, but if you're raising the roof, something isn't right. Check out the clip, it's hilarious if you have a sense of humor like mine.
Reading. The only thing you should be reading while driving is the street signs. If you can't read texts, you shouldn't be able to read the newspaper, magazines, or even a road map while driving.
Changing your clothes. It happens more often than you think. It's kind of hard to maintain control of your vehicle while pulling a shirt over your head or taking your pants off.
Going through your glove box. Is there anything that important in your glove box that you need while driving? Sunglasses is the only thing I can think of; put them on before driving. Reaching all the way across your car to fumble through your glove box is dangerous.
Shaving. Not only your face, but your pubic hair. (someone actually did this and cause quite a stir.....as well as an accident)

Thankfully singing will never be illegal........Bailee and I do it every trip in the car. She loves my singing, "don't you Bailee?"    "Well maybe just a little bit Damma!"

No comments:

Post a Comment