Monday, September 20, 2010

I love the FaceBook Tree

I think those young fellows invented Face Book for the slightly "younger" crowd than I but..hey, the joke's on them. I love it!  It has its downsides as does any place where you can voice your opinion but the upsides far outweigh them.  Communication is amazing!  Last night alone, I reconnected with four cousins that I haven't seen or even spoken to in years.  For over a year now, I converse regularly with two more cousins that I barely even knew.  One of them I had met once and the other...never!  I now feel I know them personally and enjoy them immensely.  Ironically, Last year's cousins and yesterday's cousins each had the same great grandparents who lived in the house where I was raised.  Their grandfathers were brothers!  I have many fond memories of the Owen family (Uncle Jeff and Aunt Betty's daughter Mary, married George Owen who had 3 beautiful toe-heads, Jennifer, Jack and Jay).  Mary and the 3 J's are my 4 new "friends"!!  The 3 J's are all married now with beautiful families of their own ( I laugh at this as Bailee pronounces own as "owen).  I digress, as always.
I think I will add it to my bucket list to get as many of us together as possible.  We'll find a mid point where traveling will be the easiest for us all and "just do it".  It's seems a bit odd that the connections I have with these cousins from a different branch of our ancient tree already feel deeper than the birdbrains on the  branch I've been perched with for 58 years.  I've decided that growing up in the same nest doesn't necessarily mean that you're birds of a feather.  After all, aren't birds cold blooded? (my bad).....
So, thank you Face Book for being the catalyst that brings all these pigeons back to roost. I think our predecessors would be happy that we have a vehicle that allows us to share with our friends and families all over the country, our thoughts, our photos and our memories....Just a little bit of "Welcome to my World!"

No comments:

Post a Comment