Thursday, September 2, 2010

Feature Presentation

We're finally underway.  The studs are in, as is the studly carpenter.  The wiring is nearly complete, the TV will arrive next week, the seating is on hold awaiting my cue for delivery, the velvet drapes are here, the lighting is all in house (and I LOVE it all). The popcorn popper was a gift last Christmas and as been "tested" .. Movie posters are framed and lighting is in progress. Carpet has been chosen and awaiting some measurements, double media doors are due in next week, Pergo waiting to get laid (lucky Pergo) in the lobby.  Sink needs to be installed in the restroom but potty and urinal are "good to go".
The "artist's (sorry Mrs. Mather and Mrs. Tracy) rendering above is a poor excuse for an example but gives some insight into the somewhat "finished" room.  If it doesn't look 100x better in reality, I quit but the house turned out quite well so I have high hopes in my design abilities as a novice Candice Olsen.....very novice!
I'm hoping  next month we can have a grand opening, show a cool movie with some surprises before the "Feature Presentation."  Seating is limited - 6 in comfortable, theater reclining seats, cup holders and tray tables too, 4 at Bistro tables in the back and a few pillows in the front for those who are used to hitting the carpet for viewing. I wouldn't be surprised if the red carpet is out for Opening Night!

As I look back, maybe $20 for a movie and popcorn wasn't so bad after all.....;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment