Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shine on Shine on Harvest Moon

The mellow Moon,
the changing leaves,
The earlier setting Sun,
Proclaim at last, my merry boys,
The harvest time begun.

Tonight's the Harvest Moon . The icing on my Fall cake.  There's no better sight than the full harvest moon shining on the cornfields across the road.  I wish I could "make" my camera take a good night photo. The temperatures are unusually warm for the end of September. It's predicted to be in the high 70's today and maybe reaching 90 tomorrow...Hello...it's Fall... the temps are supposed to... fall....... But true to upstate NY weather, Saturday will bring us only 60's....a 30 degree drop. Soon the frost will be on the pumpkins and it will be a joy to step outside and take a big deep breath.....of fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment