Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day

I have little experience to draw from when it comes to family in service.  My Grandfather served in World War I and wrote copious entries in a diary as well as taking photos, which back then, was unusual. (Now you know where I may have inherited my love of photos and writing.)  I believe my Uncle Jack was in the service as well and went on to be a successful crop duster in Arkansas.  My Dad never served as he was just a skinny man with tons of brains and shitty eyesight.  My brother passed away at a young age, my husband fled to Canada (just kidding) and my son went to college.  We do, however; have cousins (on the Hatfield side) who have proudly served and continue to serve and train those who will go on to serve and protect for years to come.  Thank you Tiffany and Wade! Many friends have served and I am in awe of their commitment to our country.  Some left families behind which I can't even fathom... not that they would leave them but that they knew the importance of intelligent, compassionate and dedicated men and women answering the call.


Today I thank those of you who have served, do serve and will serve for keeping us free...something we ALL take for granted daily.  Having the eagle be our symbol of America and it's freedom is something I refuse to take lightly... It is truly a goose bump feeling each and every time "my" eagles fly over, nest and continue to soar right here near EIEIO.

No comments:

Post a Comment