Thursday, November 13, 2014

Spoiled? ...not MY Granddaughter

I read a great article yesterday on Face Book.  Can you "unspoil" your kids (or grandkids in my case) at Christmastime?  It all made perfect sense but hey, I'm the grandma not the mom!  My daughter reminds me of that almost daily.... OK, so if I'm the grandma, I must have extra special privileges that allow me to forgive some things and allow others.......lots and lots of others!  I should be able to spoil without fear of retribution.  I should be able to give without fear of the mother's death stare and I should be able to wipe tears and forgive bad behavior when no one else will....It's my God given right after allowing the mother to even survive her childhood...just sayin'.  This article talks about Christmas and sometimes too much..is too much...Seriously? it's Christmas. How could there possibly be too much of anything.  We're reminded daily that life is short ( a hell of a lot shorter for old people) and should be lived (and loved) to the fullest.  "Live each day as if it's the last," Tell your family you love them each day," "Never put off until tomorrow.....!" and so on... So, if next Christmas may never come, I'd better heap on an extra helping of stuff just in case.. Makes perfect sense to me!! There was, however, some good advice for Grandmas who have many grandchildren or even for adults who love to give to other adults and grown family members. Give something they want and something they need, something to wear and something to read!!  Almost anyone I know would be happy to have those four gifts under the tree.....including me...hint hint!


http://www.today.com/news/7-ways-unspoil-your-kids-holiday-season-1D80283106

No comments:

Post a Comment