Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Dentist

How can I explain to you how I feel about the dentist.  You might say it's my own personal Auschwitz.  There is seldom pain inflicted there but the dread, the anticipation and the palpability are painful in themselves.  This morning I had, what I believed to be either, a broken tooth or a displaced large filling.  The gal seated me (in the electric chair) and asked if there were a filling in that tooth...Answering a question with a question, "Isn't there in all of them?"  She laughed.  Her name is Sandy so she has an amazing sense of humor!  My dear friend Rick (the executioner) popped in immediately and assessed the situation.  "Yep, it's a filling and we'll replace it. I just need to DRILL A LITTLE!"  I promptly crossed my fingers, my legs, my eyes and my heart....."Ok", I replied... My life flashed before me. It had been good so I was ready for whatever came next.  Zip....zip and it was ready to accept the new filling....which by the way was zapped in place by a heated, laser, ray gun...(I'm pretty sure!)  "That's a pretty big filling," he said.  "You may need to have a crown on it in the future."  In the future.....that was music to my ears.  A future is a good thing and this queen can always use a new crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment