Monday, November 17, 2014

EIGHT is GREAT

Eight years ago in a hospital over the hill, a beautiful little girl was born ( OK, maybe not contest beautiful...a little slimy, a little yellow and doing a great impression of a Chinese doll.)  She was supposed to stay in her little womb without a view throughout the night (her doctor said, "No baby tonight!") Her Grandma went to the hotel ( I know it was only Cortland,) her Papa was home in bed and her Uncle was driving furiously up Rt. 81 trying to arrive in time.  Everyone relaxed a bit after the no baby tonight alert was given.  I was all nestled cozily in my hotel bed when the phone rang.  It was Bailee's Dad declaring "she was on her way.....hurry!"  Leaving my room not quite fully clothed and hiking up my jeans while I ran down the hall, I hit the parking lot, jumped in the car and hit the road at a rather high rate of speed... Hoping no red lights (from stop lights to cop lights) hindered my own personal Bailee 500.  In the door, up the elevator and into the room....."Ok" said the friendly
doctor, "You can push!" she told Jess
 and " Grandma, you can breathe!"  Whew....... Never having given birth, it was amazing.... Out she came...in she went....out she came....in she went...WTH... All was normal. One more big push and there she was.... in all her naked, little slant-eyed glory. Never had I seen anything more beautiful!  Next it was my job to literally cut the cord.  With some trepidation and a little fear that she might lose air and start circling the room, I snipped her away from her Mom and welcomed her into this crazy, new world.  Uncle Jeff arrived, Papa woke up and motored over and all was well with the world.
I may never get to experience that joy again but if not, I'm happy, content and blessed beyond words!
                                                 ♥Happy BIRTHday Bailee♥

No comments:

Post a Comment