Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy May Day

I was pretty sure I would wake up this morning with flowers everywhere... After all, if April showers bring May flowers, we should look like Holland today!!!!  I did deliver a few virtual May baskets via text message this morning.  They were free and the sentiment was priceless.  I know I talk about it every year but I received many May baskets when I was young...  A neighbor who I shall not name but has an ice cream shop just down the road, always brought me flowers on May Day.  He'd ring the doorbell and run back across the street to his house.  Although it was over 50 years ago, I remember it well.  I messaged him this morning and he remembers too.... Whew....We forget so much these days that when a memory sticks, we grab a hold! 
So if you're reading this on a "not so" beautiful Thursday May Day, conjure up a good memory and hang on to it for a bit....It feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment