Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Woody Woodpecker:-)

The answer: Why fly away when it's perfect right here♥

My eaglets appear to have fledged:-(  I'm sad they're gone and I no longer have the ability to watch them grow.  I carted to Eagle Point several times over the long week-end each time hoping they were just away for flying and/or hunting lessons and would return at bedtime.  No such luck.... wishing them safety for the next couple of months while they hone their skills. I know last year's fledgling was still around this winter so maybe I'll spot them again sometime.  I wonder if empty nests make the bird parents as sad as humans?  Thankfully, as much as things change, they stay the same and my nest is nearly full again.
One of my other very favorite birds is the pileated woodpecker.  We have a pair of them here at EIEIO. Today, one came to visit right at a downed tree stump at the edge of the woods...within camera range! He stayed for about 1/2 an hour and provided me with some pretty cool photo ops.  A short video hit pay dirt as he pecked out a lovely grub for lunch. Doesn't take much to make me happy.  Now if I could just get the opportunity to photograph an owl, my bird bucket list would be nearly complete.
I've asked for a spotting scope for my anniversary. We'll see if anybody was listening!



No comments:

Post a Comment