Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Rubble:-(


Every day this gets harder and harder to watch.   OK, Dumbass.....stop watching!! I'm not really sure why I continue to drive by or stop and take photos.  Maybe my brain isn't really recording what I see and I expect it to literally rise from the ashes. It has before!  Even fires have devastated many of the buildings and Hewitt Brothers continued. As I sit behind the massive partners desk that was the focal point of Dad's office, I try to imagine what he's thinking.  So many have recently said that he's rolling over...and over...and over!  I prefer to think that he's circling with his arms folded. The arms folded and the deep, disgusted breaths were usually enough to let me know that I was to be the listener..not the talker, that it wasn't a time for idle chit-chat and that even at middle age, I could (and would) learn a thing or two!  Lectures were given with few words. This is true from as early as I can remember to the morning he died.  I didn't exactly follow directions that day either but he (or someone) still had the upper hand! He wasn't a man that embraced change easily and he certainly wasn't a man that tolerated incompetence.  He was; however, a man who was full of kindness (albeit a bit gruff in doses), benevolence and second chances. So, I'm pretty sure he's telling me that he loves me for my stance in solidarity for his life's work but also that it's only "structures" that are crumbling.  The legacy can't be torn down as long as we remember...I guess he's not so far away after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment