Thursday, May 8, 2014

Best Foot Forward

Today is a first for me.  At 62, there really aren't a lot of firsts left.  My bucket list is short...and this isn't on it but I'll give it the old college try....you know how well that turned out!!!  My dear friend and nursery mate is treating me to a pedicure..... and I didn't even know they were sick:-(  Lee has them and loves them.  I'm not really sure what that says about him.  I have never been one to spend a lot of money on me.  I've learned through the years that I shouldn't cut my own hair so I splurge there.  I can handle self-manicuring and I'm not really a nail polish kinda gal so clear for special occasions is it.  I have had a massage which I thoroughly enjoyed to the point of almost instituting a "lie-in"...that's a sit-in while horizontal.  Finally I was gently encouraged to get up, get dressed and leave:-(  It seems counter productive to rub me all over, lull me into a naked self confident state and then make me move.  I have yet to be massaged since!  Was that TMI?  I seldom buy new clothes, obviously, because the ones I have now are so comfy and it seems crazy to begin the process of molding new ones to conform to each little nook, cranny and bulge.  Besides, I'm at the stage in my life where if you don't like what I'm wearing, don't look. I'd rather buy a new storm door than a new dress....pathetic I know but that's just the way it is. So back to today's first.  I'm not quite sure these sweeties (at the salon) are ready for my feeties but time will tell.  My feet aren't ugly. In fact, one year in Florida, I won a pretty foot contest.  Of course there were only 6 ( 12 actually) entries and one pair of feet was 86 years old.  My heels have been conditioned  to comfortably walk over beaches or hot coals and my toes are relatively all in the correct formation and heading in the right direction.  I think I'll take a before and after, just so I will have it to prove to myself....and everybody else who "can't believe I haven't ever had a pedicure" that they will look pretty much the same now as they will at 11:00. Now, to locate a pair of open toed shoes.....I know I must have one pair somewhere.....maybe Kinney's!

No comments:

Post a Comment