Monday, May 12, 2014

Best Mother's Day ever....

What a perfect day! Mother's Day 2014 is in the books......in our memories and in our hearts!  I had my whole family present and accounted for.  Jeffrey had the garage clean as a whistle...(hasn't looked that good since the day we moved in...actually it looked  better.)  Yesterday morning, B, Jess and I went to breakfast and then off to visit with Mom. It was clean as a whistle there too (must be a Mother's Day thing) and we enjoyed a short but sweet visit.  Arriving back home, I settled in on the porch with my Kindle, B was playing in the yard and Jeff was prepping for dinner.  Doesn't get much better than that!  Soon the house (and yard) was filled with family..old and new.  Bailee was thrilled to no longer be the runt of the litter.  Sadie (Lacie's niece age 4) arrived and Bailee took over as the tour guide.  The eaglets popped up and were ready for pictures right on cue.  The falls fell beautifully for photos and sightseeing and then it was dinnertime.  Deep fried turkey and Cornish hens, Jeff's special mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, tossed salad and bread filled our hungry tummies followed by Mother's Day gifts and Trifle for dessert>>>>  It was P-E-R-F-E-C-T ♥
 Handmade Mother's Day gifts and cards, our new favorite bracelets, pictures to treasure and lots of love made this Mother's Day the very best ever.....and I've celebrated 35!  I hope it was as wonderful for all of you who faithfully follow me through this often self deprecating, self satisfying, self styled prose I enjoyed penning and posting.  It's cathartic and enjoyable all rolled into one...
                                                     HAPPY MONDAY!!
Turkey prep
Our Mother's Day dinner
Jess's new necklace from Lacie and Bailee

Lacie's gifts!

L-O-V-E from Jeff and Lacie
Mother's Day with Grandma

Jessie Hugs
"My" Eagle Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment