Thursday, April 10, 2014

Which Came First?

Yep....I have loved chickens since I was 3.  I have a very good recollection of this day but absolutely no memory of what became of these 6 little chicks.  I remembering them living in the garage, feeding and watering them and nothing beyond.  I doubt very much that they ever lived with us long enough to collect eggs or feast on drumsticks.  It's like one minute they were an integral part of our holiday and the next they were nonexistent...I'm sure I was traumatized at their disappearance but remember little of the incident.  I wonder if I was sent to counseling and therapy helped me forget???  I do know that I have always been intrigued by chickens. I remember distinctly that my brother explained one of their prime purposes in life was to teach "colored kids" how to walk.  It was just "so" back then but hysterical now.  (disclosure..I am not a racist) As I have mentioned before, we bought colored chickens for my Mom one Easter in Southern Pines.  These were really colored chickens...blue, green and pink!  Our maid at the hotel later took them home......in a bird cage.......positive that they were...well, birds!  So the moral of this story is that I have had a kinship with these feathered friends for 59 years....That's a long time to still not know which came first or why they crossed the road :-0

No comments:

Post a Comment