Thursday, April 3, 2014

When I'm 62

Well the reality of "elderly" is stinging.  You know it's time to have the other cataract repaired and get a stronger lens prescription when you say "Good Morning" to the copy machine at the post office!  This morning I finally gave in and admitted (to myself...and now you) that what I have been calling laugh lines for the past few years are indeed...wrinkles:-(  Another, less stressful revelation is that you can still get zits at 62.  That might have something to do with the GIANT Hershey's candy bar that my wonderful (and savvy shopper) hubby gave me for my birthday.  I suppose I didn't have to eat it all in 48 hours but then again, it was there!
Not all things are bad.  When you're 62, your children are older too...and wiser!  Mine will all be near the nest soon.  I'm hoping their plans include making nests of their own and it's not some clandestine plan to manipulate me into a home...  I will be nicer to them and cook their favorite foods in hopes of staying put for many years to come.
As the saying goes, "I'll never be this young again"...I'm on to 63:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment