Monday, February 25, 2013

Humbling

Well, I am humbled beyond words (which doing anything to stifle my words is an undertaking) by a post addressed to me last week. I am not one to pat myself on the back (mostly because my arms are too large to get even remotely in that area) but I was taken back when I logged on to Face Book and saw a post that an acquaintance shared about and to me:

Sandy you are such a kind soul~I am always reading your posts of encouragement and you are always so happy for your FB friends when they share great news. I see the posts of your donations or gifts for friends~where u never really wanted acknowledgement for your kind deed. I know we don't know each other well but you really are such a special woman!

I admit I do shed tears during corny, chick flicks.  My eyes well up when my granddaughter says "I love you Grandma" for no apparent reason and I sniffle a bit at commercials with mean Joe Green and his football jersey!...............and sometimes I even choke a bit at random Face Book pictures and posts. That one turned my internal faucet on to a slow drip.  I'm a firm believer that we can never say enough kind things.  Maybe it's human nature to be able to verbalize what makes us unhappy, sad or mad but not to, as quickly, be able to say something nice.  I'd hate to think kindness was out of
date:-( One of my Grandpas always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"  From his lips to everybody's ears.  We're all in the same boat.  We all have things bothering us whether it be financial, health related or even a challenging personal issue...Nothing, and I repeat nothing feels as good as a kind word.  I can't tell you how many times over the week-end I thought about these kind words. Compassion is an acquired trait.  You can't teach it but you can sure give it and when it comes back, you've hit the jackpot!  This week-end, I was rich beyond words!







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment