Friday, December 2, 2011

Decorations...

This really shouldn't be so difficult.  I really dislike (can't say hate..Bailee said so) my outside Christmas decor.....really! I got the new lights and Jeff and I replaced the ones on the bushes. They look....ok... the hanging star, snowflakes, whatever the hell they are on the porch are still the old fashioned white, clear lights.  They look horrible together... I may replace them too... and they weren't cheap!!! darn, darn, darn!! I was thrilled that by December 1st I would have everything finished....yeah right! Everything is finished if you don't do it over again!!! Today I'll decide.   I can tell you, I will have lots of gently used LED lights for sale next year. I don't want my yard to look like a space ship landed. Old dog-new tricks..NOT!
Jeff leaves tomorrow :-( those 2 weeks went way too fast.  Could be part of my grumpiness today.  They'll be back for Christmas so I'll rally quickly and start looking forward again.  Hatfield Christmas is here next Saturday so that will keep me busy. A couple of "girls luncheons" the next 2 Fridays.  They are always lots of fun... I really enjoy catching up with old friends.  I'd better get the tree up this week-end so Santa has a place to unload his sleigh...The stockings were hung (yesterday) by the chimney with care and the cards will go in the mail on Monday morning.  I guess if I can just "deal about it" with the those damn ugly outside lights, I'll be ready to enjoy the next 3 weeks!! LED at my house means Lots of Energy Down the Drain.....

No comments:

Post a Comment