Thursday, December 22, 2011

Best Laid Plans

A Christmas chuckle.....(the joke's on me)

Yesterday, as I was organizing the kid's bedroom and making sure all the gifts were under the tree, I came across a package for Lee...(I hadn't tagged it).  It looked a little bulky so I checked inside.  Let me backtrack: On Sunday, I took Mom's gift to her for their Christmas party.  We spent all two hours munching and singing... a delightful afternoon for all.  I left Mom's gift in her room and asked the girls to help her open it later on.   Back to yesterday:  In the bulky package was Mom's purple, velour jogging suit...I was sure I had delivered Mom her gift..(Oh no you didn't!!)  I called Walden Place to make sure she wasn't proudly donning her new "shooting shirt."  She was not and I said I'd be there this morning to bring new meaning to the term GIFT EXCHANGE!!!  When we got to her room, we checked the closet....no shirt but there on her shelf were the pants I bought Jessie!...Talk about confusing the confused.... I asked if they had another available bed:-(..
Long story short..... Mom , not Lee, will be wearing the sporty, new, velour jogging suit, Jess already has her new slacks and Lee will get to open his fancy, new shooting shirt on Christmas morning....    And I thought I was SO organized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment