Friday, July 1, 2011

Independence Day

Being an independent person, this holiday is especially near and dear to my well being. I quite like being able to say what I want to say, when and where (within reason) I want to say it.  I have the freedom to look and act as the day or situation strikes me.  I can live wherever I can afford, I can eat whatever I like, I can drive wherever I choose and I can even marry whomever I fancy.  All of these freedoms are a direct result of our independence. Included in these rights is the ability to elect whomever I feel will do the best job in seeing that my rights are protected.  I am sorry Dad but I DID vote for Andrew Cuomo. I know he's a Democrat. It wasn't a slip of my lever finger. It was intentional.  I think I actually like him.  I  am thrilled that we have the right to choose when and if  "we" are born. We now have the right to marry whomever we choose.  The only right I am really missing..especially since I sometimes question buying green bananas. is the right to end my life when I deem necessary, purposeful and humane.  If you're talking about certain, inalienable rights... that's one I certainly hope we gain in the next four score and twenty years........preferably sooner.
I'm off to enjoy this holiday week-end and to revel in our freedoms.  I hope you all have a fun, safe and free week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment