Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Raccoon Love

Well I could probably hum a few bars of Muskrat Love but Raccoon love leaves me silent.  We have some neighbors who love to come and partake of the myriad of seeds, nectars and suets that comprise our wildlife buffet. Last night, just as I was getting ready to retire, I noticed what seemed to be an exceptionally large (tall) critter grabbing a midnight snack.  I looked a little more closely and realized it was not one raccoon but two! As is "normal" with the male of most species, one of them ( or it could have been consensual)  had decided it was time for a little raccoon love. At least I believe that was what was happening.. that.. or a game of "leap frog" going terribly awry. I wasn't positive what I was watching but as far as I could tell... from our bedroom window...with binoculars.....for 10 minutes....it was a little raccoon S & M... after all, they were wearing masks and what appeared to be whip like tails and making unusually strange sounds...( none of which sounded like "no" or "stop"). I'm not sure what a "safe word" would be for a raccoon... Paws/pause?   Anyway, we all have different appetites for midnight snacks.  Now, in our old age, Lee's appears to be cereal and I appear to be satiated by watching wild raccoon love... Sad but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment