Monday, July 18, 2011

Mondays

Ahhh. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down... Wrong... I love Mondays, as most of you know and this welcomed rain is wonderful. I know what's in store for us this week and I'm NOT looking forward to it.  Heat and Humidity are two of my least favorite H's.....Hemorrhoids and Heart Attack are the other two.  I've gotten by this summer by opening up at night and letting those amazing (water) fall breezes cool off the house.  Morning brings drapes closed, skylights open, fans pulling up the warm air and anything that takes more ambition than sitting.....gets put on hold.  I know my limitations and anything that can be accomplished at my desk will get finished.  My summer sedentary lifestyle is governed solely by the weather! The fact that I am overweight and near 60 is totally irrelevant. (yes, I'm trying to convince myself)....I'm looking at the pros of this weather as taught by my Dad.. (the wisest individual I have met to date). He always advised me to make a pros and cons list and see what I could accept with the cons and accomplish with the pros)  This has been my mantra for every life changing decision I've made. The pros for hot, indoor weather are:
  • All of my bookwork is brought up to date
  • Christmas shopping has begun with several recipients completed.
  • My vinyl records get a workout on my record player and my vocal chords are exercised in joyful "Good Vibrations"
  • My "tivo'd" shows are viewed and deleted
  • Correspondence with out of town family and friends is caught up... (Thank God for Facebook)
  • My catch-all top drawer is sorted and rearranged.
  • My birthday, anniversary, and wedding cards are purchased, stamped , addressed and ready for the USPS
  • My filing cabinets are organized
  • My desk is clean and neat ...to the best of my ability... Hey, I know where things are!
As you can tell, this is the room I live in.  All it really lacks is a toilet and that's only a room away. I could sleep in my recliner and I could call for delivery if need be.  As long as I have electricity and cable, I will survive.  I'm even starting to like Tuesdays too.

No comments:

Post a Comment