Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Head vs. Heart

The jury has spoken.  It wasn't what I wanted to hear but they did their job.  The burden of proof was a monumental undertaking for the prosecution of Casey Anthony.  I thought they did a phenomenal job. I would have voted for felony murder committed in the act of aggravated child abuse.  It appears I would have held the jury in deliberations for......................ever.  I would have been a bad juror.  My heart would probably have prevailed over my head... in fact there's no probably about it...I would never have been able to get past those 31 days of hot body contests, tattoos, drinking, lusting, lies and complete self indulgence.  I don't believe she intended to kill her.  I do believe she intended to silence her. The most compelling statement made by Jeff Ashton, Florida state prosecutor, was... murders are often disguised as accidents, accidents are seldom disguised as murders.  If you ever thought your family was dysfunctional, think again.  As Casey's ex-fiance' said this morning, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!"  Her mother, Cindy lied - Casey lied.  Her Dad was definitely an adulterer and her brother was a outsider.  I do not believe that her family members were in any way contributors in Caylee's death or cover up. I do think they were contributors in Casey's lifestyle.  Enabling is a poor choice...even when you try to explain it away as helping. I think we'll see Casey walk tomorrow or within the very near future. Pundits say 1 year for each guilty charge. (4).  She's been in jail for nearly 3 years.  I'm hoping a suggested sentence is at least one more year of incarceration...and not in a confined space.  She needs to join the general population and take her comeupins!!  I don't think they'll like her very much.  More jail time would, in some VERY small way, compensate for the lack of a guilty verdict . Somehow watching her freely leave the courthouse tomorrow would be almost worse than yesterday's painful 6 words...Not Guilty - Not Guilty - Not Guilty!

No comments:

Post a Comment