Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Summer

Happy Summer.... It will arrive at 1:16 this afternoon.....They say the sun appears to stop in the sky....I wish we had a way, (I guess maybe some do with solar lights and solar panels) to store it for the inconsolable , short, dark, winter days.  Although, I've always been a proponent of the "it's easier to get warm theory than the easier to cool off one,"  It's really not the temperatures that I have trouble dealing with.. it's the short period of daylight.  It will be interesting to see how Jeff and Lee acclimate to the light filled days and nights in Alaska.  Maybe I'll ask for daylight as my "this is what I brought you from vacation gift". 

Happy Birthday today to our Summer celebrators, Kay, Ryan and Allison...We're so thankful none of your parents decided to name you Summer....especially you Ryan:-)

We don't have many summer events penned on our calendar but I'm sure the season will fly by.  Bailee will be trading off WEEKS this summer with her Dad and Mom....I hope she has a safe and fun summer and we'll try to get through the 7 days off without going crazy. My Bailee fix is what gets me through the crumby times.  Lee is enjoying his trap shooting hobby. We haven't had the pontoon boat on the water yet and the checkmate only once to show a potential buyer.  We're not very good in the selling department although we do have both houses ready to be filled with families.. that's a very good thing.  We have the usual family reunions, a family wedding, some graduations and hopefully a couple of trips in Jerome. Before you know it, (hopefully if owners and players get their balls out of their butts) we'll be hearing Willie ask us "If we're ready for some football".  I was ready yesterday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment