Tuesday, June 14, 2011

For Sale ..............or Rent

I almost hate to say anything until the houses are full but.......I believe we have both Locke houses in a "rent to own" deal.  After over 3 years on the market for our house and over 1 year for Mom's, renting to own popped up as an option to both.  I'm hoping we have two families that will love these houses as they deserve to be loved. Each home was just that.... home! I grew up in one and my family grew up in the other.  Both families know the pitfalls of owning an older home and both accept those challenges.  It's fun to hear them plan for the future in both places.  They both appear to covet wood floors and large airy rooms. One family is even planning around pink and blue toilets and sinks.  A retro kitchen in one is as appealing as a modernized kitchen in the other.  I think they will both be good caretakers and keep manicured lawns and facades.
I never intended, or even wanted to be a landlord but I can deal for a few months.... then hopefully both houses will be deeded over and we will have much less stress in the housing department. Four homes and a business to handle is more than enough.  Aside from the monetary issues and the upkeep, it will be great to see lights on in both houses and families enjoying their new homes.  It takes special people to want to tackle big, old houses but I think these families are up to the task.
All I can say right now is:  Welcome Home Thompson/Sheppard families, Welcome Home !!!

(And don't let me down :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment