Monday, March 7, 2011

Wasted Week-end ??

A wasted week-end?  Well I did have a couple more bloody marys Friday night than I usually do but I wouldn't say I was wasted! We had a good meal shared with great company so our time wasn't wasted either.  Now, if only I could say the same for Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday began with breakfast, as always, then home.  It wasn't really cold or snowy but I had misplaced my ambition and obviously didn't even have the ambition to look for it. So, I went down to the H.U.T., popped a nice batch of popcorn, smothered it with real butter and salt, somehow found the knowledge to turn on the TV and the surround sound (it's more complicated than it sounds and usually Jess is my theater manager), I snuggled in a recliner and watched Secretariat... Great movie!
When it was over, I wandered upstairs, noticed that Lee was actually home and had napped and was now snacking...We watched a red-tailed hawk for awhile and a nice doe feeding in the back yard. Always best to watch the deer with Lee.  I keep my eye on his trigger finger and if it starts to get jumpy, I extol the virtues of living in this beautiful, rural paradise with it's exquisite wildlife and he settles back down. Anyway.. neither of us was hungry as he had snacked and I could barely climb the stairs as my feet were sloshing in butter.  He decided to clean a gun ( I think that has some therapeutic affect on him) and I decided ... what the hell, I'll watch another movie. Due Date had a few funny parts but pretty much was a waste...unless you count the part where I sauntered over to the candy counter (no one was around to see me) and rifled a box of whoppers.) I had climbed the stairs another couple of times and had definitely worked off the butter and salt. yeah right... Well that killed another 2 hours. Lee had excused himself to the Betty Blue and I then took in some TV upstairs. As I laid in bed later than night, I couldn't muster one bit of merit in anything I had done that day.. Oh well.  There was always tomorrow...............................

Six thirty Sunday morning and there was a virtual lake across the road , complete with floating ducks and geese and even some green grass around the EIEIO compound.  A bit later the man cave filled up with some local gun enthusiasts. They were enjoying Sunday morning bloody marys. Always a good idea before they load their guns and go to the gun club for some Sabbath shooting...WTH? Anyway, I joined a friend for breakfast at the local eatery and then home for .... another snowstorm... over a foot to be exact.  Too nasty to go outside and to lazy to shovel.  It was the day of rest wasn't it?  So, rest I did and I must admit, I am VERY good at it.  I watched all the past week's tivo'd shows, a sporting event and then an interesting movie on Lifetime, The Amanda Knox story... quite enlightening !  Due to my impeccable timing, I had just enough time to warm some homemade bread (Thanks Kim), smother it in butter and return to my recliner for the premier of "Secret Millionaire" (a new, favorite, feel good show) and the Apprentice. I love the Apprentice! This season looks like it will be full of wackos, wannabes and usedtobes...3 of my favorite  TV food groups!
So, there you have it. 48 hours of unadulterated, wasted time. It doesn't happen often but I am shamelessly guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment