Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Heart "Beat"

Maybe I'll have to change my blog name to the "Heart Beat".....People always enjoy reading the Police Beat and the Hollywood Beat but I'm thinking this will be way less entertaining.  I can tell you, I'm not entertained in the least.
I never liked the phrase "do you want the good news first or the bad?"  I like it even less in a Dr's office. Yesterday was Meet your Cardiologist Day.  We liked him a lot.  He trudged up more history than even we knew we knew.  When you come from a family of 8, there's a lot to go over. Thankfully, it was all in the physical area and we stayed clear of any mental malfunctions. (jk family).  I was quite amazed at how many different things can be gleaned from different parts of your anatomy.  Strange questions like, "have you always not had hair on your feet?" (WTH)...or "Do you have trouble sleeping or find it necessary to sleep in certain positions?" ( does sleeping on your stomach with your feet in the air count?).  Anyway... the echogram showed he is still in A-fib.... but the sonogram showed it was a boy....crap, I keep getting those sonogram comments mixed up.  His heart appeared healthy with a teeny weeny dribble from the mitro valve...That didn't seem to alarm either the technician or the Dr. so I guess I won't be alarmed either.  It appears the onset was just this week.  I guess that's good.  He's scheduled for a nuclear stress test tomorrow...(hoping we get a glowing report). He'll then spend the week-end attached to a holter monitor that will measure everything.  I'm wondering how that will go when he heads to the gun club for Sunday shooting... Doc said, go about your normal routine.  I was quite pleased when Lee asked the Dr's  "help" with the smoking.  He'll give him the patch next week...he wanted to get him through a week of blood thinners before tapering the nicotine.  If the heart doesn't jump back into natural rhythm by itself, he may need a jolt and he doesn't want a clot thrown in the process....Me too...... or as Bailee would say, "Me four cuz I'm not two".....

So, as Paul Harvey would have said... "there's the rest of the story".. at least for now...I'm hoping all gets synced by itself.  If only it was as easy as synching my new iPhone to the computer.  Those things I can handle...these...not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment