Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Wrap up

Well, the football games didn't go quite as I had hoped although pretty much as commentators, wagers and bookies predicted.  I was 1 for 4..pretty sucky odds:-(  It did solve would might have been a sticky situation had the Panthers actually played some offense and made some touchdowns.  Come next week-end, I would have had to choose a horse in the race.  My allegiance to the Seahawks (who took me to within an inch of first place in my FF league) would probably have won out over my son and nephew's home state of North Carolina.  One less decision to stress over.... GO HAWKS!!!!  As much as I wanted Denver to lose yesterday (I'm not a Manning fan), I will be a Bronco's fan next weekend.  As the old saying goes, I love ____?___ and any team that plays the Patriots!

Syracuse won again by beating North Carolina in it's debut season in the ACC.  16-0 is a pretty FAIR start... we'll see what happens when Duke is in the house in February.

Ending the week-end with another win/loss statistic, Bailee challenged me to a friendly game of checkers last night.  It wasn't friendly.  I began by capturing four of her checkers as she quizzically asked, " Have you been practicing? I don't remember you being this good!"  It all went downhill after that.  By suppertime and with no gimmes allowed by Grandma, I had one king on the board surrounded by 4 kings of Bailee's that gave me no options that wouldn't be captured by "Boris" Brown.  She had won ...fair and square!  Just another loss in my week-end sports round up.  Tonight is another night!  I will triumph....or at least the "tri" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment