Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Freezin'

Lots of discussion about prematurely closing schools for the cold today.  Some say we've turned into a generation of wimps, others applaud the proactive foresight.  I have no horse in this race so I can declare that I stand firmly......................on the fence!  Cold doesn't bother me. Snow doesn't bother me. Ice bothers me a bit.  I have no children or grandchildren that have to walk or stand and wait in the cold , so personally, I'd say hit the books.  On the other hand, if I did have walkers or waiters, I'd say stay home!  See, I could have been a politician...of sorts.  We sure are getting an Arctic blast though.  Jeff's struggling to stay warm and get planes off the ground in Charlotte where it's 8 degrees this morning...WTF. I recorded -4 as late as 9 a.m.
My friend Pam sent me a "chuckle" this morning which pretty much gives credence to the decision made about closings.  I've stepped outside several times this morning to see if I could be so lucky......buttit's still there:-(  all of it.....in it's extra large, dimply, cellulitic glory!  I even tried sitting in a snowbank and it just got red...and warm :-(  Not all that pretty actually, especially when I nearly toppled over from vertigo trying to check it in the bathroom mirror.  It closely resembled a dog chasing it's tail.
I'm warm now and dry and I have a cozy house in which to sit and pen my blog. No more trying to change who I am!  Like I really ever tried ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment