Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday mornings....I still ♥ you!  Waking up here at EIEIO is a blessing..heck at my age, waking up anywhere is a blessing!  The snow is falling, the birds are flocking to the feeders, the rooster is crowing and the school closings and delays are scrolling across the bottom of the news.....seriously?  A 2 hour delay for our local schools is posted.  I've done my quick pre-breakfast routine (which included, BP pill, vitamin, make the bed, throw in a load of laundry, warm up the car and today break the old, antique chair that was in my dressing room.)  Nothing like a 18 inch plunge to the floor in the wee hours.  The landing would get about a 10 but the ascent to an upright position would only garner about a 3. I did, however, remember to put the other sock on.  Breakfast was a bit earlier this morning as my partner in oatmeal had an early Dr's appt. to facilitate his knees continuing to bend. I zipped along nicely arriving safely at our local diner.  Nobody seemed to be having difficulties navigating the highways.  With coffee in hand, I continued to watch the morning news.  Moravia Central School - Closed Today... WTH.  I'm nearly 62 and I made it 6 miles all by myself.............and back!!  Every day I see myself becoming older (duh) and hearing, as the cartoon says, my mother coming out of my mouth.  Folks are screaming about the frigid temperatures and the falling and blowing snow.  For Pete's sake people.. IT'S WINTER! You've been spoiled the last couple of years by the mild winters that I've convinced myself were just a product of the hot air emitted by all the Global Warming discussions.  Mother Nature, Father Time and Old Man Winter know exactly what winter is and how long it should last. Heck, we've actually only had 36 days of winter so far.  If you're snowed in or bored, we'd be happy to tell you the stories of walking to school in the snow, shoveling our way to the mailbox or sliding down hill in places where 30 foot trees now stand.  We'd tell about rotary snowplows that literally carved out the roadways so people could get to town, to market or TO SCHOOL.....now there's a novel idea!  I could tell a story about going to sleep in New Hope and waking up in the morning to my 1964 Chevy being gone....we found it buried under several feet of snow.  The morning milking crew had literally walked over it to the barn. My father-in-law brought up his dozer to retrieve it and several others.   Now THAT'S a SNOW DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment