Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kindle 1, 2, 3

My new toy arrived this morning.  My Kindle HDX 8.9!  It's pretty sweet and pretty thin. It looks a lot like Jeff's iPad and appears to do exactly the things his does.  When I was opening it he said, "I thought we weren't supposed to buy anything before Christmas?"  I explained that if I waited, I'd be playing with socks and a peanut butter cup.  That was merely a warning for everyone else and it should still be heeded.

This is my third Kindle.. I'm pretty much a sucker for an upgraded anything.  I can still remember sitting in Jeff's bedroom in Locke typing something into a computer and then seeing it come out exactly how I had done it on a printer.....The printer paper even had the holes on each side. we were amazed.  From there we went to fancier computers, better printers, hand held games that didn't require long wires all over to computers that fit in your hand and stored your information in a cloud...A perfect place as that's occasionally where I float these days.

I was so excited when I could actually talk to Siri and she would do as I asked.  She knew how to get me places, she knew quickly when the world might end when I was playing Jeopardy, she could text and call for me when I was driving and she even helped me spell a word (shhhh don't tell anyone I didn't know how by myself.)  Now, I have more people I can talk to on my new Kindle. There's a Mayday button you can push on the screen and someone (alive and American) will answer my questions and help me find an answer.  They can draw on my screen and help or just "do it!" It's pretty remarkable!  And.. this little beauty is about as thin as a mouse pad.  Technology is pretty spectacular.  Now if only I had WiFi everywhere....



No comments:

Post a Comment