Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sponge Bailee



My Sponge Bailee Smarty Pants.  She loves to soak in all she can...whether it's reading, math, science, geography or lately history.  She's decided that her 6th birthday will be all about the world.  She likes to find the countries on the map, learn about their people and the animals that live there.  We have lots of fun and clever things planned for the occasion....even an around the world breakfast. She has a fun "stack the states" game on her iPod (and now on my phone). She knows the shapes of states and lots of their capitals.  Yesterday, she wanted me to add a game about the presidents..I inquired if she really needed a new game.  "I do Grandma! I only know 3 presidents......Washington, Obama and Oprah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sadly I almost wish Oprah was a president). So of course, I downloaded the game and I began to prove I know pretty much nothing about presidential trivia.  Through the process of elimination, I was able to fake it and she thought, once again, that I was brilliant♥  Part of the quizzes showed 4 president's photos and asked you to pick out a certain one. The one to choose was Barack Obama.  She was sliding through them and asked for help.  I said, "well he's the only one that's black." (happily, that's still a foreign concept to her) I explained that his skin was darker than the others.  All of the sudden with great enthusiasm she exclaimed... "Here he is, Black Obama!" (Ok, Barack looks kind of like Black).  I love that she loves to learn and I love that she makes me laugh.......btw, she now knows about 10 presidents and has figured out why the heck her school is called Millard Fillmore Elementary!

No comments:

Post a Comment