Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Days of Whine and roses!!

Today I whine! If you don't want to hear it, click the big X in the corner!  For those of you curious folks that are still here, I'm calling a moratorium on greeting cards and the trimmings!  I try very hard NOT to forget birthdays and anniversaries.  Not because I want a pat on the back but there are things that should be celebrated. Usually I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.  I had a relative who once told me the only reason I remembered everyone's everything, was because I didn't work and didn't have anything else to do... Well, that'll get you a card for sure!  For one thing I keep a calendar and special occasions are noted.  The beginning of each month, I make my trek to Kinney's to boost my stock in Hallmark.  I don't grab the first card I see.  I usually read several before choosing one that connects me to the person or occasion in some silly or sentimental way.  I'm the one you hear laughing in the card aisle or dabbing my eyes with a tissue.  So shoot me! I like cards and I like to remember my friends and family... well most of my family..some I've already forgotten! When somebody gets a card from me (us)..OK me....they know for at least a few minutes I was thinking about them... when I bought the card, when I signed it and when I mailed it!  Where is all this ranting coming from you ask?..............or maybe you didn't............. Last Thursday Lee and I have been legally betrothed for 37 consecutive years (connected for 45 intermittently).  That's a record for the Wendell Hatfield clan and we hold it proudly!  We received exactly, now let me count for a second...time's up...0 cards from family.  I didn't expect any from the Hewitt branch as they sit pretty high up (as one friend termed it recently) and it's hard to get to the post office but I thought our longevity might be remembered by some. We received 2 beautiful cards from our dear friends the Don Nyes and the Ray Dyers... they never forget♥ 
Now while I'm on my high horse....thank you notes... I know it may be a forgotten tradition but if you can't spare to thank me, I can no longer spare to gift you!  I don't always expect a written note although it wouldn't hurt anyone to practice their penman(woman)ship, learn how to spell and put grammar to good use!  You don't even have to mail it... I'll accept texts and emails just don't expect me to keep giving without them!
I know, I'm getting old and sore bones, wrinkling skin, a weak bladder and poor eyesight don't usually help put a smile on my face or a twinkle in my eye.  What they do do is make all sorts of things come out of my mouth...(other than drool) when I would have normally kept it shut.
I just happened to peruse the Hallmark website this morning and I'm just following their advice.
I feel better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment