Monday, July 16, 2012

Catch up!!

Last week I neglected my brain exercises..... this crazy blog!  The heat is turning my gray matter into gray mush.... Maybe I need more time with Christian Grey.... I have been having withdrawals!  I did read a James Patterson book last week and starting a new one today.... I am most relaxed doing little of nothing and doing it in front of a fan!!! Old age, obesity and heat do not make a pretty Grandma.

Last week did produce my new computer... It's pretty cool and all in one... no tower, no speakers and no clutter..... except that I have the entire old system sitting on a filing cabinet behind me until I manage to remove our business package and address book... Change doesn't come without challenge..at least to me.

Started plans and reservations for Jess and B's big adventure this fall.  They'll be joining their cousin Daryl and his bride at their wedding on a Caribbean cruise. They're very excited:-)

Jeffrey's air conditioning system died in his house...in Charlotte....where it's been 100+ for the past 10 days.  A brand new one is being installed as I type.  Also, if plane capacity allows, he'll be home Thursday for a few days...His visits always recharge my batteries:-)

Just back from a visit with Mom.... Left her singing Darktown Strutter's Ball!! Jess and Bailee went along and we stopped and "visited" with the new, miniature, donkey baby at Doug VanBenSchoten's. Baby anythings are always so darned cute. This little critter had ears like antennas!

Lost 2 more chickens last week.  We're seriously contemplating "sacrificing" one to see what is actually killing them. We just might be able to prevent it if we knew what, how and when!!! Everyone told me with 18 hens I'd have so many eggs I'd have to sell them.....Pretty soon I'll be lucky if I have enough for an omelet!!

Bailee will start Recreation at the Glen tomorrow... no full weeks with Dad this year so she can join the fun across the road... I think she'll love it!!!

That's it for last week.... Nothing earth shattering.... thank goodness.  Hopefully we can all get through tomorrow's 100 degree predicted temps.  I could so use a good snowstorm right about now.... I am not a tropical kind of gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment