Thursday, May 3, 2012

Step by Step

Everyone is under the misconception that new houses are hassle free!  Wrong... We have lived here almost 4 years...and not everything is "just right" Goldilocks!  Sometimes it takes a few years for things to settle.  I located the house on rocky ground.  I received nasty frowns from the excavators and the landscapers and the builders but I wanted it where I wanted it and hey, I was writing the checks so undoubtedly...I was right........but not "just right!"  We've definitely settled.  A spot in the basement has a little teeny "step" under the stairs and all of the outdoor steps no longer line up perfectly with the siding... so the end panels have to be re-cut and set for four sets of steps.. That little gap just wasn't cutting it for aesthetics....at least not for me.
The stairs to and from the basement have yet to be covered.  No carpet.... that' just plain dirty and no paint...yet.  Beware oh mighty painter, Billy B., with the help of home websites, I found the answer... We're going to kill 2 birds with one stone (and several unused cans of paint)....kind of.  We're (and by we're I mean you, Billy)..going to paint all the treads one basic color and use all of our "leftover" colors from the house to paint the risers. (see the photo).  That way we'll be introducing everyone who heads from the mancave and/or theater to the wonderful, colorful land of Sandy (and Lee.)  I remember Billy telling me that I set a new record for him for the number of different colors he had to paint in one house!!! Yay me!!!! I believe there are 15 colors for the main floor and 7 for the theater and bathroom and "lobby." I must go count and see how many risers we actually have.  I know he'll be tickled when I tell him my new plan.  He always smiles and accepts so graciously any paint scheme I dream up.........and then walks slowly away shaking his head....He's a trooper though... my own Michelangelo:-)  Now I'll see if he's ready to "step up" to my newest project....

No comments:

Post a Comment