Friday, May 11, 2012

Mothers

I'm surrounded by Mothers.  There's a mother robin sitting on her nest above the front door. there's a "Mother Goose"..(not that Mother Goose) across the road with her goslings and there's a mother turkey in the backyard. I'm sure many of the less colorful birds feasting from my feeders are new Mothers too.  Jess visits every day and she's a Mother.  I was even balancing checkbooks this morning and I found a MOTHER of a mistake. I caught it and corrected it... that's becausee I'm the Mother of fixing things ..I have been for nearly 34 years and I'm pretty darned good at it. I can make boo boos less painful, I can make spinach taste good, I can make schoolwork fun, I can make singing sound good and dancing look graceful..I can even make money  miraculously appear in bank accounts.. I'm that good! In fact I'm so good, I'm thinking about buying myself a Mother's day present.  I know, a few days ago I said I didn't need gifts.  I was wrong.... write it down, tell the world...it happens...not often, but it happens!  I haven't quite decided what I'll get, but it'll be good.  I really don't care if I need it, if it's too much money or if it's extravagant... I'm a fixer and I've earned it!  Happy Mother's Day to me♥ ( and to all of you, my faithful readers and fellow fixers)

No comments:

Post a Comment