Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Too much TV

When do you know if you're watching too much TV?  I have few answers in life..except to this question!  Sunday afternoon I heard a knock at my door (the one inside the garage). I ignored it as it coincided with Jay Glazer's injury report on my pre football show!  That may sound strange but when you're moving players around on your fantasy football team....it's important....to me at least!  A minute or so later, I heard the melodious tune of Old McDonald (that's what our doorbell plays..hey, we live at EIEIO..the Old McDonald place...enough explaining.)  I answered the door and a man explained that they (he and his wife who was in the yard snapping photos) were in the planning stages of building a home and loved ours and would like to take some photos (they already were). I was flattered and said, "be my guest..snap away!"  They proceeded to take photos from all angles all around the house.
Fast forward to bedtime!  As I relaxed in bed and reflected on the day's events (or lack thereof) it hit me.....What if these common looking folks were casing the joint.  They now had pictures of all the entry and exit points, he'd gotten a peek inside the living room, and they even had pictures of the surrounding woods (get away routes!)  I quickly, in my head, tried to remember what they looked like and what they were wearing.  He had a baseball cap and she was wearing a skirt....What kind of robbers wore that?  The clever kind!  They were both fairly small in stature which again would make them agile enough to scamper through the woods easily and unheard. Their car??? I hadn't even looked at it as I went directly back to my football show to make sure I hadn't chosen someone on IR (injured reserve) who would give me 0 points.(No comments about my priorities.. they're just that, MY priorities!). So basically, when these two people return to rob and maim us and I, God willing, am still alive to give a description to the authorities, all I will be able to report is that they looked normal, liked my house and carried a camera.  Which is probably the simple truth....Now really..do you think I watch too much TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment