Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The DD

Today I'm the DD (designated decorator).  Lots of d's to go around on this delightful day!!!  Out came the Christmas lights and my highly professional patience rose to the occasion... This only happens once a year so it's truly a special day.  I decided to make some changes this year.  I added a bit of color to two little bushes out front (Lee has always been a proponent of colored lights and I like the brightness of white.)  I'm compromising a wee bit this year...shhhh.  While sitting on the porch one day this fall, I thought how pretty the trees out front would look with decorated trunks....It would mean a lot of meandering extension cords but what the heck...I bought some of the new, longer lasting LED lights (in white) and with the temps still fluttering in the wonderful 60's (60 is becoming a happier number of late), Jess and I began the inaugural climbing of the trees...OK Jess did!!!  I, on the other hand, got dizzy just winding the lights around the tree trunks....I had worked out the logistics in my head and Lee had come up with the perfect nails to adhere our lights.  We finished three trees and we have 4 more to go....and maybe the flag pole too....but that's a piece of cake... bring down the flag, attach the lights to the top grommet and raise the flag.... The deer are ready to be lit as well...I may add another as the two are getting lonesome up there.....or maybe one on the bridge.... We'll have to see where they appear.  It sure is easier while the weather is cooperating but somehow we need a few flakes to really get us in the mood....not like we didn't have a couple flakes doing the work :-).....I'm ready for snow but it can hold off till next week-end after Jeff and Jeromy have safely arrived from Charlotte.  Then..we'll get lit.....and maybe the trees will too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment