Thursday, November 10, 2011

CMA

I used to relate the CMA (Country Music Awards) with KMA (Kiss my A$$).  I have never been a fan of country music but I'm admitting that my tastes can change...or maybe it's because country music itself is changing.  There seems to be a lot more substance as well as much better vocals.  It used to be sappy ballads about people being jilted or losing their dogs or a love story between them and their pickup truck.  Maybe some of the same sentiments are evident in the messages contained in today's songs too, but the delivery of the messages is often quite beautiful...............with one glaring exception...Taylor Swift is not a superstar in any form of the word.  Teens and Tweens may hope to emulate her but first it would be important if they actually could sing!!!  If it weren't for technology and immense studio help.... Taylor Swift would be just another girl who can't keep her strapless dress in place!! (another story for another day). On the flip side, The tribute to Glenn Campbell was wonderful. What a heartwarming idea to let a peer know how much he's loved and appreciated while he's alive and able to revel in his accomplishments.  My other thumbs up and down are: UP..Blake Shelton, Faith Hill, Vince Gill, Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, Lady A and the 3 new stars whose names I can't remember and I love Lionel Richie.. not generally country!!  I really wasn't thrilled with Miranda Lambert, Jason Aldean and of course, Taylor Swift. All in all it was a good award show... Lots of music, a touch of humor which makes any show and it moved along nicely.  I'm not sure it was worthy of 3 hours.. I'd have preferred 2 hours followed by my favorite new show, Revenge!! (Now there's a topic for a great country song!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment