Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sights of the Season.....



Other than Mike Nye's monthly Christmas update, there have been a few more reminders that the Big Guy is only 8 weeks away!  I just watered my plants and saw this beautiful blossom on my Christmas cactus, Bailee chose a Christmas book to read to me last night and my Santa (who has been hanging on the door since last December) finally feels more in place than out.  Of course in the stores, the Christmas decorations are in the aisle directly across from the Halloween ones and my prep work for my annual, always welcome..yeah right, holiday jingle, prose or poem is in progress.  My shopping is 99% complete and I'm just waiting for my ship to come in to grab the last two..just my luck it'll be the Titanic...I have managed to secure a date for our Hatfield Family Christmas that I think will make almost everyone happy...There are days when I think we surely must be related to the Griswolds.  Now, to get through HalloweenBailee and Jeff's birthdays, a safe hunting season and Thanksgiving and  we'll be on track for some holiday cheer....hey what am I thinking, we're Hatfield's, we've never needed an excuse before.

No comments:

Post a Comment