Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RIF

Reading is FUNdamental........ It's probably not appropriate to brag too much but I've had a few problems with appropriate before..... and if you can't brag about your grandkids, who can you brag about?  Miss Bailee is back at school and healing wonderfully.  Prior to her surgery she was tested for reading and math levels. (I'm not a big fan of testing but I do understand the "wealth" of that tool...literally!) I am so proud and pleased to share that she is reading at a 2nd grade level.  This is the little girl who so many said should wait a year before Kindergarten as she was a mid November baby.  I attribute much of her ability to her 2 years of speech therapy.  She was visually and orally introduced to flashcards and word sounds during her sessions for all of that time......PLUS we have read to her since the very day she was born.  I'm hoping her love of reading and the fact that it isn't something she struggles with will help her flourish in all aspects of her education.  She also tested in the top of her class for math. 
I know brag was a good ole dog but this Grandma is barking out the good news to my bloggin' pals.  Way to go Miss Bailee!!  ♥ you!

No comments:

Post a Comment