Thursday, October 20, 2011

Geriatric Zumba

oops.. can't make her upright!!
Had an interesting day with Mom yesterday. She has decided to form her own vocabulary.  "Where's my shoo shoo?"  "You're what" "My shoo-shoo?"  "What's a shoo shoo?"..... she laughs..."I don't know!"  She smoked a pretend cigarette and was miffed when she couldn't find an ashtray...so she put it out in her hand. She said she "told Mother that she'd stop and see her this afternoon!"  I explained that that was a trip I was not yet prepared to make.  She was fine with that!  On our way back to Walden Place she wondered why I was the one who always had to drive her...That explanation was bit tougher....  Finally we arrived back at W.P.  When we were securely back in her neck of the woods we realized we were just in time for Zumba.  Zumba for seniors is just as tiring as Zumba for me..Oh, I am a Senior. The gals that were "teaching" the session were such great sports.  Just picture 8 -80+ ers shaking their booties... Music is amazing.... Their eyes sparkled and their bodies moved to the very best of their abilities. I took a video with my phone....well I thought I did and I was going to share it this morning.... Unfortunately, my technological skills suck as badly as my Zumba ones... I had captured about 3 seconds!!!  I did realize, once again, that Mom was exactly where she should be....She is coaxed, challenged, coddled and cared for in this wonderful place. I'm so thankful for that.....I could just dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment