Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Project Sputnik

Project Sputnik is underway.  I'm not sure why all our projects need to be named but they are so ,"deal about it!"  Our house was dubbed, EIEIO, our media room, the H.U.T..  and today begins Project Sputnik. As some of you will remember, pretty much only the +50 crowd, Sputnik was a satellite launched in 1957 to orbit the world.  A pretty big thing way back then when we still weren't sure the earth was round and still couldn't figure out how anything could actually stay up there without falling back to earth.   Ok, so why Sputnik? Sputnik is a satellite and our garage (or a small portion of it) will be our satellite kitchen (as interior decorators like to call it).  A little history....our "house kitchen" is part of the great room and is not ventilated well..ok at all. I didn''t want a vent sticking out the front of the house and "code" didn't want it going anyplace else.  I never liked "code" very much!  Now that our eating habits are turning over a new leaf, literally, we'll be cooking more at home (she said begrudgingly) and we'll need to broil more healthy foods....like fish... (fish belong in the ocean or an aquarium, not in my stomach. Unless, of course, they have a shell and then they should be swimming in butter and salt just prior to meeting my digestive tract.) Anyway... broiled foods are being shoved to the top of our menu. We're trying to eat the items that are accompanied by the little red heart on the menus. I thought it meant we'd love them.......it doesn't!  So, the bottom line is, Project Sputnik is underway. A brand new 6 burner, 2 oven, raised broiler with griddle (for my pancakes) is on it's way.  Josh will be retrofitting the entry to nowhere to accommodate Sputnik and I'll be finding a nice new counter top to hide "garage stuff". After all, this will still house my vehicle... that's what a garage is made for. I just may have to name my vehicle Endeavor to accompany our out of this world new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment