Friday, January 4, 2019

The end...of the Season

January 4th and the sun is trying to shine, the grass is a shiny green and the puddles are frozen.  Bruce's tail feathers are rapidly growing and getting closer and closer to the ground from his perch. The chickens are on strike till there's more daylight and my focus is shifting from holiday pick up to Jett's birthday, purging unnecessary stuff and our spring trip.  This year we're OBX bound. 

The tree is undecorated and down...all three pieces.  I'm not sure how it will get put away in the storage room downstairs as my knees hurt, Jeff's sciatica is flaring and Lee hurt his back.  He suggested that we needed a dumbwaiter.......I replied, "We have one!"  JimBob will remain in winter mode with Frosty still lighting up at night and the plaid ribbons replaced by hearts.  Cogitating about his spring/summer appearance.  I thought an old gas station scene would be nice until I researched old gas pumps.... Way too much $.  Pinterest and I will figure out something.

We'll be celebrating Jett's 3rd birthday in 4 weeks but I already have his gifts wrapped and ready. A trip to Greek Peak may be in order for Winter break and Bailee has already begun rehearsals for Mamma Mia... just a bit part but she loves the music and it keeps her busy!

The temps are heading to a balmy 46 degrees today so the snowflake can come off JimBob, the wreath removed at the cemetery and maybe a short stroll around EIEIO....catch you later!!


No comments:

Post a Comment