Monday, January 7, 2019

The Doctors

Pre Dr. visit.....

The Doctors...used to love that soap. Love most of the doctor shows on prime time with the exception of The Good Doctor which I think is the worst doctor show to date.  Today is a 90 day med check up... The receptionist said it was required for Medicare.  We'll be having a little discussion when I hit the exam room today. If Medicare requires one well visit per year (and pays for it), then one well visit it should be.....unless, of course, I find myself ,,,,,,well....not well!  Doctors are probably my least favorite folks. I've never had a great relationship with them as usually someone is dying or about to......takes all the warm, fuzzy feelings right out of the visits. I'm especially disillusioned with one right now and I think I'll pick the brain of mine today and see what words of wisdom she offers.  Hoping it isn't really a band of brothers (or sisters) and she gives me some useful tips in ethical quack evasion.  Prescription happy clinicians make my stocks soar but my psyche sorer!

Post Dr. visit...

Good talk!  My instincts were pretty much right on! I'm thankful for that and that I was able to read the clock, remember what I had for dinner last night and knew the date!  Always good to pass a test!!!  There is definitely a difference in physicians but I was able to see my issue from a few different perspectives.  I have a direction now and that's a good thing.

I still find immeasurable strength and validity in pharmacists and their skills but will now have the wherewithal to approach and question a physician! Once again, Grandma knows best!


No comments:

Post a Comment