Monday, January 14, 2019

Monday, Monday

Ahhhh..Monday, my favorite day of the week. Everybody thinks I'm crazy and most abhor the thought of Mondays.  Those are usually folks who have to get back to the grind and deal with coworkers, students, crappy driving weather and the like. I'm on Daylight Sandy time all year round!  Works quite nicely for me and keeps my need for mood enhancers at a minimum.  I never "did well" with other folks timetables whether it be an employer, a friend or a child.....as I look at it now...it's kind of the World according to Me! You can ask most anybody and they'll concur with my findings that I like my schedule. If I say 8, I mean 8 not 8:15 or even 7:45...I mean 8:00!  That most likely shoves me quickly into the bitch column but I've always been OK with that too. Flexibility has never been a strong suit with me... I know it, my family knows it, my friends know it so as Bailee used to say as a toddler, "Deal about it!"

It's not that I can't be flexible.... often necessity demands it and I begrudgingly adjust. Somethings though, are just set in stone....like laundry... I do laundry on Monday...so don't bring me a pair of jeans that you'd like to wear on Wednesday night, Wednesday morning. They should have been in the laundry Monday and they'd be all ready. (You do understand that I no longer have children in my household.)

I don't like to eat dinner late.... that would be most anytime after 7p.m.  Earlier, I've been growing accustomed to (hey, I'm old now!)  I seldom eat lunch so when 5-6p.m. rolls around, my stomachs are growling (not a typo.)

I'm a bit of a planner. I have purchased one thing for Christmas 2019 and I also have a list of ideas. I keep my ears and eyes open when folks mention likes and dislikes and wants and needs. This usually leads to purchases people need (like) and seldom return.  Jett's birthday (2-6) has been done and wrapped since before Christmas.  Valentine goodies are in the bag and cards are addressed. No, I don't have Easter ...but I'm on it!

In August I booked a family get-away to the Outer Banks for early April.  I called and spoke with the rep last week about getting the pool heater turned on and she explained that the pools and hot tubs wouldn't be opened until April 20th.  NOT what we had discussed several times in the past 5 months. It seems they were "notified by maintenance 2 months ago" of the pool opening date.  No notification was given to the renters....Pretty sure I'm not taking my grandkids to a huge house with a pool and hot tub and then tell them they can't use it.  Lee has a sign at his shop that states: Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!  Guess what... no trip to the OBX this spring.

Needless to say, sometimes Gramazon's staunch "her way" style doesn't sit well with everybody. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks so often we must take the bad with the good. There is far more good and everybody generally benefits.  So, on Monday when the world is grumbling, I'm saying "Ahhhhh" and enjoying the day.......and laundry!


No comments:

Post a Comment