Monday, February 10, 2014

Yesterday.........

Yesterday, well last night, I enjoyed 2 1/2 hours of some of the best TV in a long time (minus football of course.) It was a cold, snowy night and we had just finished a yummy steak supper and settled in for some good TV.  Lee watching his in the living room and I watching mine in the den...that's just the way we roll here at EIEIO. Thankfully, we're not part of any reality show although if Honey Boo Boo and Sex Sent Me to the ER are any gauge of what makes reality TV successful, we have a shot!

The Grammy Tribute to the Beatles was awesome.  Singers from all genres and generations performed Beatles songs culminating with a few by Ringo, a few by Paul and ending with the duo on stage together.  I performed in my chair. I sang.  I clapped in unison. I even wiggled around a bit and waved my arms in the air... Enjoyable at it's best, pathetic at it's worst but I had a great 2 1/2 hours ! I shared my joy on Face Book with...well, Joy and others who appreciate songs you can understand.

Yesterday afternoon Jess helped me sort record albums.  She was treated (in my opinion) to a little stroll (vocals by me) down memory lane.  I had albums from Glenn Miller to Mitch Miller, The Smothers Brothers to the Gibb Brothers (BeeGees) and even the Crickets and the Beatles.  We even saved a Foster Brooks album that I'm hoping she will think is as funny as we always did.... although our family is dotted with our very own versions of Foster Brooks(es)???

Bailee's been introduced to Show tunes, Holiday albums, Beach Boys and her favorite by Sam De Sham and the Pharaohs...Woolly Bully!  Now it's time to serve her a "Little Help From my Friends", "She Loves You", "I Saw her Standing There" and a helping of "Sergeant Pepper" with a side of "Yellow Submarine."  Hey, if I have to deal with "Blurred Lines" and "What Does the Fox Say,"
 she can mellow with some yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment