Friday, February 21, 2014

Looooong Week

Well it's been a long week....  It all began with no heat....again... We'll get this hang of this fancy boiler yet and we will never again be a sailor on the maiden voyage of a new product.  When it's good though, it's very, very good.... and toasty, warm heat.  Next, we had no Internet....the cable company fixed that ASAP and we were back surfing.  Then the Internet and TV were history....Thank God it had warmed up a bit and I wasn't the only one having issues.  I had an entire night and day with out my technology so I cleaned files and organized the rest of our tax info.  I started to shake about 3 p.m. and the withdrawals were tough but Hallelujah.. I was back online and had TV by 4 p.m.  Once again...SCCC came through and we were able to watch S.U. LOSE at 7p.m. (to Boston College no less...really?)  On top of all this my favorite necklace chain broke and I'm very superstitious about wearing it... What next?

With all of those downs came ups.  I love "Ups!"  Bailee is on vacation so we headed to one of our favorite spots and soaked in the heat and warm water....Cascades Indoor Water Park.  Swimming outside in the 30 degree weather was fun but then, almost anything with B is fun!  Yesterday we took in a movie, ate hot dogs, popcorn, bubble soda and froyo with M&M's, sprinkles and Nutella (frozen yogurt.)  On the way home she confessed her tummy hurt... really?  Tonight Papa escapes to Florida and B will fill his spot in bed... Sleepovers are always the best...especially when we have sundaes in bed!!! Looking forward to an MCS boy's basketball win tonight.  It always does my heart good to see the community support their teams.  We're pretty lucky to live right here in Moravia in wintry, upstate NY. My eagles have survived the winter and are still using their old digs.  I have seen both Millard and Abigail and their fledgling and we've done out part to keep them fed.  I did see one of the adults fly to the nest yesterday!!!  That's a very good thing! I have my fingers crossed for a few more "ups" in the near future but once again, superstition has me keeping mum.

So, all in all, we're still hopping along on our Pogo stick.... some ups, some downs but we're still plugging along and thankful for that...  One more week of dreary February and it will be time to turn our clocks ahead and complain about the mud.  I do see some green grass!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment