Thursday, February 27, 2014

Banking on it.....

They have National banks, blood banks, food banks and even sperm banks but only we have eagle banks.  My pleas for food for our resident eagle family have been heard and rewarded.  The town highway departments keep an (eagle) eye out for roadkill, spotters juts driving to and fro call me with sightings and even a "deer" friend had one in her backyard.....seriously.  So, with everybody pitching in and Jess hauling (deer) ass, our feathered friends should be happy, healthy and full.  Without access to the lake and their winter meals of fish, there was a bit of concern that they would go elsewhere for dinner and build new digs... They normally lay their eggs in March (sometimes April) depending on the temps.  Well Millard and Abigail, Saturday is March... I can't wait until I can get down to my perch watching spot and make sure they have returned to their nest. I'm 99% sure we're good to go! I'm keeping my eagle eye on them!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment