Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Levity..thank goodness

The last 24 hours have been a bit stressful.    Life is full of tragedies.  Thankfully, the comedies in life are present too and we often have to dig them out of our everyday life just to keep us going.

The phone just rang and the ID was "The Groton Nursing Home."  My heart always jumps a touch to see the words.  Today was one of those little comedies we reach for.  "I just wanted to let you know that we had a little incident this morning with your Mom."  Oh boy, I thought... "Has she pulled the fire alarm again?"  "No, but another resident ran over her feet with their wheel chair...she has tread marks on her big toe.  Nothing appears to be broken but we'll have the Dr. check when he gets in!"  I assured her it was "ok" and said I knew they often rolled over each other as they shuffled along.  She said, "Well actually this was an electric chair!" "An electric chair!?!", I said.....You have a resident that was so bad you put them in an electric chair?!"  This poor nurse was already frazzled at having to report a hit and run and now she was a bit speechless and not sure how to take my comments. (shocker!)  Once again, I reassured her that there would be no pending lawsuits and I was most happy with Mom's care and appreciative of all they do for her.  I think from now on,they might be calling those chairs....motorized :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment